Saturday, July 14, 2012

Not Pregnant! (WR)

As most of my blogs, this one is late, but don’t worry… neither I nor my world race blog are pregnant.  (I imagine that Reagan has just struck her knee).  If you aren’t on the race, you probably won’t get that, don’t hurt yourself.

(Digression)

Precursor:  I’m a logistics dude for my squad.  That’s not vital to any of this, but it explains the next sentence for those of you who didn’t know.

Part of this whole logistics gig means I get to be a part of the lovely process known as visa applications and, for this race in particular, India has been a hefty sized garbage bag of issues.  First, we tried to apply in Romania, but it was too soon, “allegedly.”  So we regrouped and planned to apply in South Africa.  Well, at the beginning-ish of June, roundabout the 7th, BenW, the squad leaders, and myself rolled on down to Durban after Mozambique ended.

To our slight surprise, we were told we needed to have everyone fill out new forms because, although the required information is the same, they need their paperwork to have South Africa on the top, and not Romania.  More surprising, however, was the fact that in South Africa everyone must individually enter the office to apply, so we couldn’t get them.

We took buses seven hours out of our way and didn’t get what we went for.  So… we failed right?

Nope.

Instead, we met some amazing people who tremendously blessed us!  And a dream was re-encouraged within me by these people being open vessels of God in serving us abundantly.

People back home care about me and for me in times of need for various reasons.  It’s nearly always been some combination of them enjoying my company, being my family or friends and having to love me, or wanting to provide for me because God has used me in their lives.

From mattblair.theworldrace.org

But… with this “Durband” it was …the power of Christ that compelled them.  There was no other reason they could have genuinely had that might cause them to serve us, but they did, and (barring severe mental deterioration) I’ll remember them until the day I die.

These men and women tremendously blessed me and helped encourage me even more of God’s provision for some of my biggest and most “risky” dreams.

And it shouldn’t be that I need to be re-energized necessarily, but that’s what the body of Christ does, or rather should do.  We take care of each other, and I pray I can make a habit of being as welcoming and as much of a blessing for others as our “Durband” was to us.

From mattblair.theworldrace.org

(More blogs coming soon...probably, if I'd just been able to fit into all in more briefly it would have been in THIS blog, but I trust you can wait).

No comments:

Post a Comment