Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My New Team is Awful... (World Race)

Bob Dylan once wrote ... "The times, they are a' changin'."  Ron Burgandy never heard that song.  I wrote, " The teams, they are a' changin'."  The two are very similar, except I never actually wrote my song, and no one has ever heard it, but you could imagine what it'd be like if I did right? Right?

At the end of month 3, before leaving Romania we my old team, Mosaic, got the ax.  Some garbage about breaking up monopolies and some anti-trust mumbo jumbo... I don't know I wasn't paying attention.

I had feelings about leaving my old team.  I knew I would miss them, but I mean hey this is The World Race... time to suck it up and move on.  Besides, it's not like I'm being thrown into a group of people I hate.  Ahem... Speaking of segways... I now have a pretty awesome team too.  Don't worry Mosaic, you will always hold a special place in my heart, more specifically each of you individually.

________________________________________________________________________________

I'll miss Rachel (Rakes) hearting things (that's false), but I will miss her, and her happiness and joy.  But alas she's moved on to lead us all now as a squad leader.  She did a great job with us and I'm sure she'll bring that same-ness to the squad with her new partners in crime.  (She's really not a criminal... probably).

I'll miss Suzanne (Suz).  Why?  Well there are at least 80 reasons which we don't have time for, but I'll spare you all the dirty details.  I'll miss her facial expressions though, and feeling like she doesn't think I speak English.

I'll miss Rebekah, aka Beks, aka Cola and her bright and beautiful smile and laugh that when it rolls out of control at my corniness is a real encouragement.  But she's moved on to lead a team of young ladies thru a dry land, but luckily there name is Oasis, so they'll be safe...

And that leads me to the knee slaps, and Reags... who I will most undoubtedly miss, which she knows I'm sure.  She got me more than anyone on the team, and don't worry Reags you won't be replaced.  She bruised her legs up pretty bad slapping her knees at my corniness and sometimes just didn't appreciate things that really were funny, but that's okay, because I forgive her and know that she was just missing out.  She loves Taco Bell, running, when I comment "First!" on her blogs, and mornings.  She also had a "black heart"  but I think that's clearing now, except when she plays phase 10.  

And Tyler... I really don't miss him at all...

If you are reading this at home in America you might be all like... "Gasp!"  Literally, I expect that you said the actual word... with exclamation.  Truth is I really don't miss Tyler that much.  Mainly because he's on my new team too.  And what do I think of this team?

I think they are awful... at being awful.  Like if they are trying to suck, they suck at it.  If you never really mastered the whole "double negatives thing."  It means they are good.  So if you're reading this blog to see how much I bash my new team because of the title, you can stop reading here.  (But don't stop)





In fact, I like 'em.  Who are they?  Well.. uh let's see... uh... Well there's Tyler, Hamilton of course.  No not TAYlor.  For some reason I have feelings about that.   He's still "Legit."  And he's turning into a lean, kind, English teachin machine.

Then there's Mike.  Ohhhhh Mikey Mikey Mikey... I think he likes it.  He is a bundle of awesome waiting to be released on a world that is in no way prepared for the bundle of awesome that is about to be unleashed upon it.  Seriously... The more he opens, the more I love it.  He's "awesome."

That's the dudes... yeah 3 of us... that's a sweet change up.  We have ladies too.  Our fearless leader Becca, who had her name shortened because we have two Rebecca's.  She's had a short life so far, but isn't short on being "awesome."  She not only leads us, but plays piano, guitar, and if you turn it straight up... CELLO!!!  Oh and she has the voice of an angel, and not just any angel.  I'm talking like an angel that sings well, not an archangel.  No offense to Gabriel.  (Seriously Gabriel no offense, I played you in the church Christmas play like 5 times remember?)  There's more to tell, but I have to cut it short for now.

Why did I have to stop?  Well, because I have other people to talk about... Duh!  Rebecca...  I know what you're thinking... Becca Again?!  Yes, but this time it's a different one.  She's from the south and flippin sweet at art, specifically pottery.  She's a straight shooter, which is how most of us are except Angelina Jolie in "Wanted."  Anyway... I enjoy her view on things and how she's one of those people that affirms and observes things that I think no one else other than me observes about situations that are weird, which makes me either feel less weird, or less alone in the moment.

We sure are a great team of Americans, that's for sure... oh wait.. Dania... yeah... she lives in our hat.  And by that I mean Canada.  She's not like Tinkerbell size... if you were curious.  She's a normal sized human without wings... yet, and if she has fairy dust, I haven't seen it.  She's our finance person and Adventures in Missions Tra nsn istri a financial tips expert extraordinaire, which mainly includes...NEVER USE YOUR ATM CARD IN TRANS NI S TRIA OR IT WILL DIE.  (Luckily Jordan McGuffin is Christlike and raised our Lazarus cards from the dead).  She's got a "rebellious" spirit, but we love her anyway.  Y'all would understand that if you got inside jokes that you weren't a part of and were not explained to you.  (I'm practicing my Zimbabwe humor and that is why it is funny, but you wouldn't get that, because even this parenthetical is an inside joke)  (I'm working on my Zimbabwe humor.)

Anyway folks... that's all for now... maybe I'll get to tell you some more things about our first month experiences as... TEAM... UNVEILED PURSUIT (the ellipses are not part of the title), but until then... you'll just have to wait I guess... Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment